Instagram continues to add new ways of making the app and stories more interactive. In the November 2021 update, Instagram added a new sticker – “Add Yours”. When adding this sticker to your story, your followers will be able to add their images alongside your own created stickers to their story.
However, there seems to be a problem with this sticker and users have been facing issues. If you’re getting the Add Yours filter not working issue, then you shouldn’t worry. In this guide, you’ll get to know how you can fix the Instagram Add Yours sticker not working issue.
Method 1: Update the Instagram app
One of the obvious reasons why the “Add Yours’ Sticker isn’t working might be due to the version of Instagram being too old. Updating Instagram to the latest version of the app. Updating Instagram to the latest version will give you a better chance of resolving this issue.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store
- Tap the search icon and type “Instagram”
- Select Instagram and tap on the Update option
Method 2: Reinstall the app
If updating the app doesn’t do the trick, try to reinstall it.
- Long-press Instagram and then select “Remove App”
- Select “Delete App” in the dialog box
- In the pop-up, select “Delete”
For reinstalling the app, follow the steps mentioned in the previous method and tap on “Install”.
Method 3: Restart your smartphone
Restarting your smartphone can be a viable way of solving numerous issues, including this one. Just ensure that you’re waiting for a while before you restart your smartphone. Restarting your phone will lead to a soft data reset and it can fix any bugs that you’re facing.
Method 4: Switch from a business account to a personal account
If your personal account has been set to a business account, it could be a potential reason why your “Add Yours” sticker isn’t working. You can try to switch account types from a business account to a personal account.
- Open Instagram and select the Profile tab
- Tap the hamburger menu and select Settings
- Navigate and select the Account option
- Now, tap on Switch account type and then select “Switch to Personal Account”