NBA 2K23 is the newest installment in the NBA 2K franchise and despite the game being new, it’s not without its bugs and glitches. There are certain issues that players have been facing with the game such as the game not starting up, freezing, or crashing upon launch.
This issue is evident among PC, Xbox, and PlayStation users but luckily, there are a number of fixes that you can try and see if things start again. In this guide, you’ll get to know about the different ways you can fix NBA 2K23 crashing, freezing, or won’t launch on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
Method 1: Create a new NBA 2K23 account
If you’ve got more than 99 friends online, then you might encounter crashing issues. This is why creating a new account instead of deleting fronts from the list may fix this issue.
Method 2: Power cycle your Wi-Fi router
- Turn off the Wi-Fi router and unplug the power cable from the router and the power socket
- Wait for around 5 minutes or so
- Then, plug back the power cable in
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router and check whether the problem has been resolved or not
Method 3: Delete saved game data
- Exit the game and select My Games & Apps
- Select See All and ensure that you highlight the NBA 2K23 game
- Choose Manage game and add-ons and head down to Saved Data
- Choose the Delete All button and wait for it to complete
- Lastly, relaunch the NBA 2K23 game to check for the issue
Method 4: Install the latest patch update
Recently, a new patch update has arrived and it includes multiple fixes. It is recommended that you should check and install the latest patch update of your game on the console for getting rid of a couple of bugs, glitches, and stability issues. Meanwhile, the new patch will also bring in several new features or additions to the game.
Method 5: Hard reset your Xbox console
- Switch off your Xbox console by pressing and holding down the Power button for a few seconds
- Once the console has turned off, release the Power button
- Ensure that you’re unplugging the Power Cable from the console and power socket
- Wait for a few minutes to refresh the system and plug the Power cable back in
- Turn on the console by pressing the Power button and check for the crashing issue by launching the game