The seventeenth iteration of iOS for iPhones and iPads as well as the fourteenth iteration for Macs known as macOS 14 Sonoma has introduced a plethora of new features. Among these features, the ability to use stickers, including emoji, Animoji, Memoji, custom stickers and Live Stickers in iMessage has garnered attention. However some users have encountered an issue where stickers are not functioning as expected on devices running iOS 17, iPadOS 17 and macOS Sonoma.
Users have reported that stickers stopped working on their iPhone 15 series running iOS 17.0.2 followed by older iPhones running iOS 17.0.1. Subsequently when they updated their Mac to the latest build the issue persisted on Macs as well.
Currently the only solution that appears to offer momentary respite entails logging out of the iCloud account and then back in on all impacted devices. However it is crucial to keep in mind that this fix only provides a temporary reprieve because the problem can resurface in a few hours.
Steps to Fix
For iPhones and iPads
- Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Sign out.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Tap Sign out and then restart the device.
- Navigate to Settings > Sign in.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Open System Settings and select your username from the top.
- Click on Sign out button at bottom left.
- Follow the on screen instructions to log out.
- Once done re sign into your account from System Settings.
These steps should help you address the issue of stickers not working on iOS 17, iPadOS 17 and macOS Sonoma. The issue of stickers not working on iOS 17, iPadOS 17 and macOS Sonoma has perplexed users and while a temporary workaround exists in the form of signing out and signing back into iCloud accounts it is not a permanent fix. Apple is undoubtedly aware of this concern and users can anticipate that a future update or patch will provide a lasting solution.