How to Flash the Stock Boot.img Kernel on the OnePlus 5: OnePlus 5 has been one of the most anticipated devices of the year. This reason of its success is undoubtedly its amazing offering with a competitive price. This best thing about OnePlus devices is their developer support. It offers an enormous amount of Custom ROMs as well as a bunch of tweaks. For this, a person has to root his device and install a custom recovery..
Sometimes users require to switch back to stock recoveries due to updates or the stability of a stock ROM. So, in this article we’ll be sharing How to Flash the Stock Boot.img Kernel on the OnePlus 5. With the help of this, you’ll be able to update your devices through OTA with the stock recovery. Also, through this process, you’ll lose your TWRP recovery.
Follow this guide on How to Flash the Stock Boot.img Kernel on the OnePlus 5. We have also mentioned links to all the necessary guides and downloads below. Make sure to have a backup before you proceed in case you get stuck in a boot loop. Also, in case you’re having doubts related to this guide, mention them below. We’ll help you out.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 Smartphone.
- Follow the below Guide exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Flash the Stock Boot.img Kernel on the OnePlus 5
Steps to Flash the Stock Recovery Kernel on OnePlus 5
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file from Step 1
- Copy/move the boot.img file to the same directory as your ADB/Fastboot tools
- Launch a Command Prompt, Terminal or PowerShell in that directory
- Boot the OnePlus 5 into Fastboot Mode
- Connect the OnePlus 5 to the PC with a USB cable
- Type the following into the Command Prompt, Terminal or PowerShell. . .
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Press ‘Enter‘ on the keyboard
- Wait for the boot IMG file to be sent and written
- Then press the Power button on the OnePlus 5 to reboot back into Android
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.