Full Collection of Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1) Stock Firmware/ROM: Asus has been producing some of the greatest budget smartphones for a long time now. Last year they released Zenfone Max Plus (M1) with some specifications and features. The phone comes equipped with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. The device is powered by octa-core processor MediaTek MT6750T (28 nm) paired with Mali-T860MP2
It has 3 variant based on RAM and storage capacity. The base model has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM. The other two have 3/32GB and 4/64GB RAM and ROM respectively. The internal storage can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. Like almost all the last year’s smartphones, this device too has a dual rear camera on the back side. The primary camera is 16 MP, f/2.0, 35mm (standard) sensor and the secondary is 8 MP, 17mm (ultrawide) sensor. It also has an 8 MP, f/2.0 front camera. The Asus ZenFone Max Plus (M1) runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and houses a 4130mAh non-removable battery
Android is an open source operating system so there are loads of modified ROMs or firmware commonly known as Custom ROMs are available for Android devices. Users love to root and install these custom ROMs to get more features which were missing from the official firmware. But if the user misses a single step, he/she may brick the android phone and only be installing the stock firmware can restore the device.
Why having stock ROM is important?
Although experimentation can help you increase the usability of the device, at times you might need to get back into the stock firmware. The reasons can be many from the device going in to boot loop to getting the device bricked due to a wrong step in rooting or custom ROM installation. So every time we request users to follow the guides carefully to avoid such kind of situations.
The installation process is quite easy just you have to download the required things from the download section. For installing this stock ROM you have to take the help of ADB and fastboot commands. If you already knew the process of installing then you don’t need to take the help of installation part or if you don’t know the process then you can take the help of the installation part.
Install Official Stock ROM On Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1) (Back to stock, Unbrick, Unroot and Fix Bootloop)
There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an Android device. You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware. If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that. You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1) Stock Firmware Details:
- Download Format: Zip Verison
- Firmware Type: Official
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed on phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1) ’s Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- Download Android P Stock Wallpapers [18 Wallpapers]
- Download Android P Themed ROM For Any Android (Dot Os 2.3)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide: For Windows or For Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.
- Create a backup of your device’s data
- WW_15.02.1810.347 || Android 8.1 Oreo || Security Patch: 2018/10/05
- WW-14.02.1809.69 || Security Patch: September 2018
Step 1: First download the firmware from the download section above.
Step 2: Now move the downloaded file to transfer it to your device.
Step 3: An update notification will appear after the firmware file detected by your device.
Step 1. Download the files from the download section and rename it as update.zip and transfer to your SDcard.
Step 2. Turn off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together.
Step 3. Once in the recovery mode, select the option ‘Apply update from SDcard’.
Step 4. Then browse and select update.zip file that you transferred.
It will take some time and then reboot the phone.
Step 1. Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings> Developer Options. To enable Developer Options, you have to go to Settings> About Phone and tap on the Build Number 7 times continuously.
Step 2. Download ADB and Fastboot driver for your Windows or Download ADB and Fastboot driver for your Mac and install it.
Step 3. Download the Full firmware and rename it to update.zip and copy it to the ADB folder.
Step 4. Turn off your phone and boot into recovery boot by pressing Power + Volume up buttons simultaneously.
Step 5. Choose the option “Apply update from ADB’ and connect your device to your computer.
Step 6. Go inside ADB folder on your computer, press shift and right-click to open the command prompt. Type the following command –
This should list your device and ensure it is connected.
Step 7. Type the following to flash the WW-18.104.22.168 Firmware FOTA –
adb sideload update.zip
Wait for the process to complete and then disconnect and reboot your device.
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.