Best Custom ROMs For Sony Xperia XA: The Sony Xperia XA was released in 2016, premium feel metal and robust Gorilla Glass. Sony Xperia XA was launched with Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), later Sony released Android 7.0 Nougat. Considering the Sony Xperia XA is just 1 year old, the company may release latest updates to Sony Xperia XA. But as we all know Sony is always been late to roll out the latest updates to users. Thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android before its official release.
What is the other thing that happens in parallel with the release of a new Android version is the development of the Custom OS which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version? Many XDA developers have developed Custom ROMs based on the latest Android version which brings all new features and updates. Thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android.
Already many smartphone users are tasting the sweetness of latest Android Version on many more devices. The latest Android Oreo update is loaded with many bug fixes, Performance improvements and the pack of Android Oreo features like AutoFill, Adaptive Icons, Updated Emoji, Notification Dots, Picture -In- Picture Mode and much more. Below you can download the Custom ROMs and install it. Here we provide the list of Android Custom ROMs currently available for Sony Xperia XA. You can check out more Custom ROMs for Sony Xperia XA in Xda’s Development Page.We have linked the source pages of the ROMs so that you can get the latest one.
The best thing about Google’s Android is Customization. There are loads of thing you can do with android which other mobile operating systems don’t allow to modify.Android users can root their devices which allows them to modify the system.Users can install Custom Recoveries and kernels. After installing Custom Recovery users can install Custom ROMs. Below we have shared the Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Sony Xperia XA
If you are new to the term “Custom ROMs” then you have to know what Custom ROM means, What are the benefits of using Custom ROMs.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers.Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers.Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1)Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy.These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted.The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update.In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level.Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options.We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5)Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look.The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Sony Xperia XA | Android Marshmallow, Oreo and Oreo
- [Status] Lineage OS 15.1/Android 8.1 Oreo For Xperia XA
- Lineage OS 15 For Sony Xperia XA | Android 8.0 Oreo (Development Status)
- [F3112/F3116][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1] Cyanogemod 13 project for Xperia XA Dual Sim
- [F3115][ROM]Stock_Marshmallow_ROM_Ultraslim (Full deodxed)
- 33.3.A.0.131 Android 7.0 Nougat For Sony Xperia XA
For more Custom ROMs For Sony Xperia XA, Visit this Xda list
How To Install Custom ROMs On Android
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
For Android Oreo ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
For Android Oreo ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] [Oreo GApps] Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Oreo
For Android Marshmallow ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.