Download / Install Samsung Galaxy S9 G960FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch (OTA Update) || Europe: Samsung has started rolling out December update to Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus in various regions. The Samsung Galaxy S9 In Europe has started receiving the latest December 2018 security patch update. This is a major security patch update so we recommend users updating their devices to this.
This update is only rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S9 devices. If you are a Samsung Galaxy S9 user, you may have already received the December Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. If the update has not been on your device’s system update section, then just wait for few more days for the update to come. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks.
About Samsung Galaxy S9 G960FXXS2BRK3
The OTA has been rolled out in the European region and only available for Samsung users. This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in December Security. The update comes with build number G960FXXS2BRK3. The update brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. It also brings stability and performance improvements. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy S9 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
- Device Name: Galaxy S9
- Model: SM-G960F
- Region: European Region ( Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Macedonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, South East Europe, Bosnia)
- Android version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Build Number: G960FXXS2BRK3
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st December
Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S9 to G960FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
Check sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S9 G960FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining