Download and Install Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus April 2018 Security Patch OTA Update | Build number G960NOKR1ARD6 / G965NOKR1ARD6 respectively: Many devices have already started getting the latest May 2018 security patch update. Even some US networks have also released May 2018 update for their Galaxy devices. But the unlocked Version of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus are now getting the April 2018 Patch update. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
If you are unlocked Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus user, you may have received the April Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks. The Update is being rolled in few regions and will take some time to be available across the globe.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in April 2018 which comes with April 1 security patch update. This update comes with other bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Both Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus were released earlier this year by Samsung. These are the current flagships of the company. These two have all the high-end features and specs. These are one of the most expensive Galaxy devices Samsung has ever made. Like all the previous Galaxy devices, these two are also getting awesome software support from the company.
Manually Update Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus To G960NOKR1ARD6 / G965NOKR1ARD6 April 2018 Security Update
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- First Navigate to Apps > Settings
- Tap on search and look for Software updates and click on that
- Now enable Download updates automatically so that software will be downloaded automatically in future. Now to manual download click on Download updates manually.
- If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts.
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus G960NOKR1ARD6 / G965NOKR1ARD6 April 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 8.0
- Security patch level (SPL): April 1, 2018
- Baseband version: G960NOKR1ARD6 / G965NOKR1ARD6
- Region: Korea
- Network: Unlocked
Download Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus G960NOKR1ARD6 / G965NOKR1ARD6 April 2018 Security Update
- Download Firmware For Samsung Galaxy S9 | G960NOKR1ARD6
- Download Firmware For Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus | G965NOKR1ARD6
How To Install Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus G960NOKR1ARD6 / G965NOKR1ARD6 April 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up + Power + home (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy Note 5
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining