Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510F)’s Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM has been successfully ported to Galaxy J5 2015 (SM-J500F): Samsung has been releasing the Galaxy J series smartphones every year with some upgrades to the models from the previous years and same was the case in 2016 as the company released the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 smartphone which was an upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. Now, the Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 was launched with Android 5.1 Lollipop which was later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and the Galaxy J5 2016 was announced with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. We recently reported that the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 has been upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat and the update has been officially rolled out by the company to all the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 users around the world.
Now, as the update has started to hit the Galaxy J5 2016 devices around the world, the users of the Galaxy J5 2015 are starting to feel anxious as we know that the Galaxy J5 2015 will not be updated any more than the current version of Android which is Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow officially. Now, we have some exciting news to share for all the Galaxy J5 2015 users as the developers of the smartphone have managed to bring a port of the Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat update ROM to the Galaxy J5 2015.
Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat Ported ROM For Galaxy J5 2015 (Android 7.1.1) Is now available
Now, we had already mentioned that the software and hardware of the Galaxy J5 2015 and the Galaxy J5 2016 have remained mostly the same so the developers have ported the ROM and the ROM has been known to work perfectly with all the things like Audio, Video, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. known to be working correctly at the moment. Now, if you want to download and install this ROM on your Galaxy J5 2015 then you will have to download the ROM from the below link and install it. You will find all the instructions to install the ROM on your device from the download link that we have mentioned below.Now as the Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat Ported ROM For Galaxy J5 2015 is available, now users of J5 older version can get taste of Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Download Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat Ported ROM For Galaxy J5 2015 (Android 7.1.1)
- For latest Download Links check out the official xda thread (Development Source)
How To Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat On Galaxy J5 (2015) | Galaxy J5 (2016) ROM Port
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons