Samsung Galaxy M51 is a mid-range device from the company which has gained loads of good reviews and sales. If you are among the early buyers of the devices then this guide may help you to unlock the bootloader and gain root access on your Samsung Galaxy M51
If you’re using it and want to customize your handset, you will require to unlock the bootloader at first. Then either you can install a Custom Firmware on it or you can root as well. Here we’ve provided the guide on how you can root your Galaxy M51 with Magisk (No TWRP).
Here we will be using Stock Firmware, Magisk manager and Odin to gain root access on the Samsung Galaxy M51. By using the Magisk, you can patch the Stock Firmware Boot Image file and flash the boot partition on your device. Now, the Galaxy M51 has been released for the global market and it comes with Exynos chipset. So, it will be quite easy to unlock the bootloader as well. Keep in mind that bootloader unlock is the first and important part before rooting or customizing your device system.
The Galaxy M51 comes equipped with a 6.7-inch Infinity-O sAMOLED screen with 1080 X 2400 pixels resolution. The device is powered by the mid-range powerhouse Snapdragon 730G SoC coupled with 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The device runs on One UI 2.1 based Android 10. The device houses 7,000mAh battery and comes with 25W fast charging support.
The camera department of the device has seen a huge upgrade this year. The Samsung Galaxy M51 has a quadruple-camera module on the rear side. The device packs a 64MP Sony IMX682 main camera sensor. There is a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 5MP macro camera and 5MP depth sensor. The device sports a 32MP Sony IMX616 camera sensor.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now, we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
Unlock bootloader On Galaxy M51
- Open Settings on your device
- Enable Developer Option (Similar steps)
- Now scroll down and tap the “Developer Options”
- Enable “OEM Unlocking” toggle inside developer option.
- Switch off your device completely and hold Volume Up + Volume Down together. then connect it to your PC
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up button when you arrive at the blue splash screen.
- Again Press the Volume Up button to confirm you want the bootloader unlocked.
- Wait for the Galaxy device to restart.
- Remember a popup will appear each time on the restart to press the Power button
- Now just for it to perform a factory reset.
- Once done your device will be rebooted and your device’s bootloader should be unlocked.
How To Root Galaxy M51 with Magisk
#1 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM > Download
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#2 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#3 Finally, Steps To Root Galaxy M51
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file to the internal storage of the device (ROM folder).
- Use 7Zip to archive the .img file to .tar file which is compatible with Odin Flash Tool.
- Now, you have to download and install the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer also.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy M51 into Download/Odin Mode with this similar guide.
- Connect your handset with the PC using a USB cable.
- When your device is connected, launch the ODIN tool.
- Next, load the magisk-patched.tar file in the AP section.
- Click on Options tab > select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- DO NOT select the Re-Partition.
- Finally, click on Start to initiate the rooting process on your device.
- Once done, your phone will restart automatically and will boot into the system.
- Congrats! Your device is now fully rooted.
If you’ve liked this guide, you can share it with others. If you have any quarries regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.