The Global variant of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is now receiving the January 2021 security patch. The airborne update is currently being rolled out in some countries via OTA. The update brings software build version number G965FXXSEFUA1.
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in January Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- Device Name: Galaxy S9 Plus
- Model: SM-G965F
- Region: Global
- Android version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Build Number: G965FXXSEFUA1
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st January
- January 2021 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
Steps to Install January 2021 Security Patch on Galaxy S9 Plus (Global)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.