Lenovo-owned Motorola is one of the well-known smartphone brands across the globe if you consider budget segment Android devices that come with Pure Android UI. However, the company has slightly stepped into the flagship smartphone competition with the foldable Moto Razr 2019 apart from the Moto Edge Plus. However, there is a budget category smartphone launched a couple of months ago called the Moto G8. Though Motorola devices do come with better cameras and the Moto G8 offers triple rear cameras, some of the users may not get satisfied with the image results. If you’re also looking for a third-party camera app then just Download Google Camera for Moto G8 (Moto G Fast).
It’s worth mentioning that the Moto G8 (Moto G Fast) comes with Camera2API and HAL3 enabled out of the box. That means users can easily install the Gcam app on the device. Talking about the daylight shots, the triple rear cameras can capture a well amount of detailing. But it starts to struggle in the lowlighting conditions. While the Google Camera app (ported) is one of the best third-party camera apps for non-Pixel Android devices right now.
Thanks to the tutumartins, Junior Member of XDA Developers for sharing the ported GCam/HyperCam APK file for the Moto G8 (Moto G Fast). Now, talking about the Moto G8 camera details, it sports a triple rear camera setup that includes a 16-megapixels wide-angle lens + an 8-megapixels 118° ultrawide lens + a 2-megapixels macro lens. While the front packs an 8-megapixels selfie camera.
Google Camera – Overview
Google Camera doesn’t need any introduction to mobile photography lovers and especially those who are using a budget category Android device and uses the GCam app. The GCam 7.3 version brings some of the improvements and stability features to any other stock camera apps for Android.
It’s one of the best third-party camera apps for the non-Pixel Android devices. Though Gcam 7.3 is a previous generation Google Camera version, it works really well and offers almost every feature. It has Astrophotography mode, Portrait mode, Google Lens, Social Share Menu, Night Sight mode, Video Stabilization, Slow Motion, AR Emojis, PhotoSphere, HDR+ enhanced, RAW image file support, and more.
Download Google Camera for Moto G8 (Moto G Fast)
Steps to Install Gcam APK
- Download and save the XML file on your Moto G8 or Moto G Fast device.
- Then go to the File Manager app and create a new folder inside the internal storage called GCam.
- Next, open that folder and create another inside it named Configs7.
- Move the downloaded XML file inside this Configs7 folder.
- Just download the Gcam APK from the above link.
- Head over to the downloaded location using the File Manager app.
- Tap on it to Install.
- If you’re installing an APK file for the first time, then enable the Unknown Sources option from the device Settings then search for Unknown sources.
- Now, allow the app permissions and tap on the Install button again.
- Once done, launch the Google Camera app.
- Double-tap on the blank area beside the camera shutter button.
- Select the XML file that you’ve downloaded above and tap on Restore.
- Once done, close the GCam app and open it again.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Credit: XDA Forum
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.