Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel 2 XL | Android 10 (taimen). The available Lineage OS 17 for the device is in its initial build which means there will be bugs present but we are sure in coming days the developer will fix all the bugs, For now, we recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary device. We are thankful to Xda developer Blackjubel for the ROM file.
The Google Pixel 2 XL smartphone was launched in October 2017. It is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. The phone comes with a 6.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2880 pixels.
The Google Pixel 2 XL runs Android 8.0.0 and houses a 3520mAh non-removable battery. The device has previously received both official and unofficial Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Currently, he available ROM is in its initial development stage, so we recommend not to flash it on your primary device but the developer is working and we are sure in coming days all the bugs will be fixed and the ROM will be 100% stable.
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel 2 XL.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel 2 XL | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.