In this guide, you will learn How to perform Hard & Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge.It is a very simple easy way to fix some issue on Samsung devices.This guide is applicable to most of the new generation Samsung Galaxy devices.
We spend most of our time with our smartphones.Sometimes we install some badly coded for which our devices act unusually.If are experiencing Performance or Stability problems with your Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge smartphone, then it’s time to do a soft rest.If you want to restore your device to factory settings then you have to do a hard reset.Don’t worry we will be sharing step by step guide to Safely Hard & Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
But remember, the soft reset process will not delete data from your phone but a hard reset will delete everything like messages, call logs, apps, and games.So we highly recommend to backup your important data before doing a hard reset.
- How to Enable Adoptable SD Card Storage On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S7 With SuperSu (SM-G930F)
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge With SuperSu v2.68 (SM-G935F)
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery For Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery For Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F
How To Hard & Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
Step by Step Guide
How To Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
→If your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge is not responding to commands and you just want to force your the device to power off then just soft reset it.
Do do soft reset press and hold the “Power” button for 10-20 seconds and the device will turn off.That’s it
How To Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
Note: Performing the hard reset will erase data from the memory on your phone.
This can be done in two methods.
1.Hard Reset via settings (If your device is turned on and you can access settings/ menu)
2.Hard Reset via Stock recovery (If you can’t access setting or your device is turned off)
Hard Reset via settings:
- First go to settings
- Then Select “Personal“ at the top of the screen.
- Next Go To “Backup and reset“.
- Tap On “Factory data reset“.
- A warning will appear.Just tap “Reset device“
Hard Reset Via Recovery
- Turn off your Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge completely
- Now boot your device into recovery mode.To Do So Press and hold “Volume Up“, then press and release “Power“. The Samsung Galaxy logo will appear, and it will say “Recovery Booting” in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Now Go to “wipe data/factory reset“.Use the “Volume Down” button to navigate, then press the “Power” button to make that selection.
- Then navigate to “Yes — delete all user data.(Just use“ Volume Down” button to toggle), then press the “Power” button.
- The factory reset process will begin. It can take a few minutes.
- Once the process is completed, select and press on “Reboot System Now”
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.