Huawei has started pushing the new HarmonyOS 2 Beta (HK) update for numerous smartphones including Huawei Nova 9, Huawei P50 Pro, and Huawei P50 Pocket. However, the Beta update is currently only available for Huawei users in Macau and Hong Kong. Huawei Nova 9 users have been able to upgrade starting January 24th, 2022.
Currently, Huawei has only opened the update for only Huawei Nova 9, P50 Pocket, and P50 Pro, the company will be looking to add more devices to the Beta testing program in the future. As for the features, some of the most significant features include multi-camera shooting mode, new service widget functions, remote control smartphone camera function, super device feature, multi-screen collaboration, and more.
Changelog for the HarmonyOS 2 Beta (HK)
New service widget
- You’ll be able to customize the personal desktop with efficiency and appearance
New multi-camera shooting mode
- The mobile phone and tablet lenses have been interconnected, breaking down the constraints of the device’s perspective
- A finger and a pull to connect the all-scenario smart products of HarmonyOS 2 and enjoy the interconnection and collaboration function
Multi-screen collaboration function
- Devices having HarmonyOS 2 will be able to extract photos and videos from each other while improving work efficiency and productivity
Remote control smartphone camera feature
- Huawei Watch 3 series will be able to control shooting, control devices to play music, and back up mobile phone recordings remotely
How to download and use HarmonyOS 2 Beta on the eligible Huawei devices?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Huawei Nova 9/P50 Pro/P50 Pocket
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.