The HBO Max app recently received a major revamp to Max and it is fair to say that things may have taken a turn for the worse. It would be an understatement to say there are a few bugs and issues.
For instance, the “Up Next” feature isn’t working, the refresh rate isn’t able to go further than 60Hz, several features missing, and the remote button issues have all given a tough time to users. Another issue that has been bugging users is the HBO Max Dolby Vision and 4K HDR Not Working on Apple TV.
If you’re facing this issue, then this guide is ideal for you. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix HBO Max Dolby Vision and 4K HDR Not Working on Apple TV.
Methods to fix HBO Max Dolby Vision and 4K HDR Not Working on Apple TV
Method 1: Use the Max iOS app and Airplay to stream content
The first thing you should try that might spell out success for you involves using the Max iOS app and Airplay for streaming content in Dolby Vision in 4K alongside the frame rate matching. Try this tweak and check if the HBO Max Dolby Vision and 4K HDR Not Working on Apple TV issue is resolved.
Method 2: Clear HBO Max app cache
- Launch your smartphone’s Settings app
- Navigate to the App Manager and go to “Other Apps”
- Locate and select “HBO Max”
- Select “Storage” before choosing “Clear Cache” from the menu
Method 3: Update the app
- Head over to the “App Store” on your device
- Look for “HBO Max” before selecting it
- Choose the “Download” or “Update” option
- Once you have updated the app, restart your smartphone
Method 4: Reset the TV to factory settings
- Head over to the Settings menu on your TV
- Choose either “General” or “Preferences”
- Select the “Reset” option
- Now, select “Factory Reset” before entering a PIN code (if needed) or click “OK” to confirm