Download and Install Honor 8 Pro Official Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update (Android 8.0): Recently, it seemed like the development and release of Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 will take forever to come out. But finally, the Honor 8 Pro users are being blessed with this new update. The Chinese variants (i.e. Honor V9) started receiving this update in December 2017 but now other variants have also started to receive the updates. This current update is being rolled out via OTA (Over-the-air) like how these types of updates are released usually.
The update is being released slowly via OTA so it might take some time before this update reaches your device. However, if you are too impatient to wait for this update to reach your device officially, then you can update your device manually. In this post, we will be telling you how you can easily update your Honor 8 Pro. All that you need to do is fulfil some pre-requisites, complete some downloads, and follow the step-by-step guide mentioned.
The Update brings many new features to the device.It also now supports VoLTE which is the very big thing nowadays in the Indian market thanks to Jio.It also now has 3D features and App shortcuts.We have listed out the new features of Honor 8 Pro Official Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update below
This new update comes with some huge changes. Some of these changes are:
- VoLTE feature
- Navigation dock
- An exciting User Interface
- Smart Tips
- App Shortcuts
- Touch Protection
- AI-based optimization
- PrivateSpace protection
- Contacts and Email sync
- 3D features
- You must have bootloader unlocked
- TWRP Recovery must be installed
- Backup of all the important data must be taken
- The battery percentage must be more than 50%
Using the Firmware finder tool, you will be able to choose the exact custom ROM which is required for your device.
How to Install Honor 8 Pro Official Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update
- Extract the downloaded file (i.e. Full_OTA_ROM_Flasher.zip) and look for the folder of the same name.
- In the folder, you will come across several image files as well as other Flasher zip files. Move the downloaded update inside this folder. If you had downloaded the update for Indian version, then move the files zip, update_data_full_public.zip, andupdate_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip inside the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher.
- Transfer this folder to a USB Flash Driver or an external SD Card, and then reboot your device into recovery mode. To do the following, you need to long press ‘Volume Up and Power’ buttons simultaneously and letting go of the power button after the device vibrates.
- When you have entered the recovery mode, simply select the install option and then navigate to the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder. Now, select the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher.zip in the folder. Swipe at the bottom of the screen to flash.
- Now, leave the rest to the installer and wait for the update to be installed.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot the device.
Note: Image used in this post is property of its respective owner