Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has finally released the September 2020 security update for the Honor 8X. Apart from improving the security mechanism, the update fixes different levels of exploits and issues which includes 3 critical and 19 high level CVE’s.
The Honor 8X runs EMUI 10 custom skin. The September 2020 security update for Honor 8X comes with build number 10.0.0.229 and weighs 110MB in size.
- Honor 8X
- EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.229
- Security: Integrated Android security patches released in September 2020 for improved system security.
September 2020 Security Patch Details:
- Critical CVE’s: CVE-2020-0245, CVE-2020-0396, CVE-2020-0380
- High CVE’s: CVE-2020-0074, CVE-2020-0382, CVE-2020-0388, CVE-2020-0389, CVE-2020-0391, CVE-2020-0395, CVE-2020-0397, CVE-2020-0399, CVE-2020-0401, CVE-2020-0393, CVE-2020-0386, CVE-2020-0394, CVE-2020-0390, CVE-2020-0381, CVE-2020-0383, CVE-2020-0384, CVE- 2020-0385, CVE-2020-0392, CVE-2020-0379
There are two simple ways to update your Honor 8X with the latest September security update.
1 . Using device “Settings”
- Open “Settings” app on your Honor 8X
- Tap on “System & updates”
- Tap “Software update”
- Then, click “Check for updates”
- Download and install the update
2 . Using “Support” app
- Open “Support” app (or Download the app using Google Play Store)
- Open “Services” tab
- Click “Update”
- Then, click on “Check for updates”
- Now, Download and install the update