An iPhone is definitely a tremendous device to have if you want your important documents at hand wherever and whenever you need them. It’ll be important to keep the files organized such that you can quickly find the PDF receipt or a bunch of videos that you downloaded for watching later. Creating a folder on iPhone can be a somewhat tricky task for seasoned Apple fans.
This is where the Free Documents app comes in handy. It’ll work as a central hub for all the files, which allows you to manage everything in one place. Documents is a highly intuitive file manager, which allows you to create a new folder within seconds.
If you’re looking to create a Folder on your iPhone, then this guide will be of great help to you. In this guide, you will get to know how to create a folder on iPhone.
How to create a folder on iPhone
# On default files app
If you want to create a new folder in the Files app on your iPhone, here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Open the Files app.
- Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder, such as iCloud Drive or On My iPhone.
- Look for the three dots icon at the top right corner of the app and tap it.
- Select “New Folder” from the options displayed in the drop-down menu.
- A new folder will appear immediately, and you can give it a name right away.
- To add files to the folder, all you need to do is drag and drop them into it.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a new folder in the Files app on your iPhone and can now use it to keep your files organized.
# Download and use third-party app like Documents
Documents will allow you to read and annotate books, listen to music, view photos, download files, watch videos, and connect to cloud services. To organize things, you’ll first need to know how to create folders. Here are the steps to do that.
- Download the Documents app
- Now, open the app
- After that, tap the purple plus button present at the bottom
- Lastly, select “Create Folder”
Now, you can drag and drop the desired documents into the newly created folder. Another option would be to drag one file over another to get them in a new folder. You can even create folders within folders for organizing the files properly.
How to create a subfolder?
- First, open the parent folder
- Then, tap the plus button and choose the “Create Folder” option
- Alternatively, you can also drag one folder over another
How to mark the folder with a color tag?
- Tap on … More on the folder
- After that, choose “Mark with Color Tag”
- Then, pick a color that you want