When you’re stepping into the world of custom development, your first interaction will be with the Android SDK Platform Tools. These tools are essentially official ADB binaries by Google and they’re needed so that your PC can identify the device in an ADB Mode. After check-marking this requirement, you can proceed ahead and execute the ADB Commands.
However, every once in a while, an exception could creep into this rule. This is just what has happened now. Many users are claiming that after they installed the latest version of platform tools, they aren’t able to access the FastbootD Mode.
As a result, the users aren’t able to flash a few specific partition files designed for this mode. One way to fix this issue is by downgrading these tools. In this guide, you will get to know how to downgrade Android SDK Platform Tools
How to download an older version of Android SDK Platform Tools?
If you go to the official Google website housing the Android SDK Platform Tools, you can get hold of the latest version. But how does one get an older version of these tools? With only a little bit of tinkering with the URL, you may access an older release for download.
- Google follows the following URL scheme from its platform tool –
- Here, 33.0.0 will be the version number, which changes depending on the desired version
- If you want to download version number 30.0.0, then the URL will be – https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r0.0-windows.zip
- Tweak the version number in the URL to grab the desired version of the tool
How to downgrade Android SDK Platform Tools
- First, you should delete the latest version of the Android SDK Platform Tools
- After that, open View Advanced System Settings by going to the Start menu
- Go to the Advanced Lab of System Properties before clicking on Environmental Variables
- Now, choose the Path field under System Variable and then click “Edit”
- Now, select the Platform Tools path and then click on “Delete”
- Once it is done, you should download an older version of these tools and extract it
- Once again, you should head over to the Edit Environmental Variable page and now click “New”
- Type the location where you had extracted the older version of Platform Tools and then hit OK