Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro are the newest flagship smartphones offered by Google. Google has made a lot of improvements to its performance instead of only upgrading hardware. It a refinement of the Pixel 6 series.
Pixel 7 Series comes with numerous new software features too. One of the best new features will be cough and snore detection on Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. The new Pixel 7 Series will be able to cough and snore when you’re sleeping without a smartwatch.
Snore detection is among the best features available on smartwatches. If you’ve got a Pixel 7 smartphone, then you won’t require a smartwatch for this feature. As this is a new feature on Pixel smartphones, you’ll want to know how to enable cough and snore detection on Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro.
How to turn on Cough and Snore Detection
For enabling/disabling the new cough and snore detection on Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro, you should follow these simple steps –
- Open the Settings app on your Google Pixel 7 either from Quick Settings or App Drawer
- Look for Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls option and open it
- Now, you’ll have to open the Bedtime Mode settings
- In the Weekly Bedtime Summary, you should select Cough and Snore Info tab
- You’ll be asked to allow access so you should grant permission to proceed
- It’ll open the required page and here you will be able to turn on the Cough and Snore detection
Once you’ve enabled this feature, it’ll start detecting cough and snoring once you enter Bedtime Mode. If you want the cough and snore detection feature to kick in automatically at night, you’ll be able to set a particular time. When time strikes the set time, the Google Pixel 7 will automatically start detecting coughs and snoring.
The new cough and snoring detection is a Digital Wellbeing feature. Digital Wellbeing is an advanced platform that’ll generate reports of everything you’re accessing on your phone. You’ll be able to see the real-time usage of the app or the number of times you have unlocked the device. The new feature will be added to the list.