The latest device from OnePlus, the OnePlus 5T which is the successor to the OnePlus 5 and the latest flagship smartphone from the company was released yesterday. This smartphone is an upgrade in the display size from the OnePlus 5.
The smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 8535 processor, comes with dual camera setup, has up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Also, there is now a full-screen edge-to-edge display at the front which is a 6-inch AMOLED panel.
The OnePlus 5T will be available worldwide from November 21 including India. Thus, if you buy the device and start the setup process then you may want to have a clean start with the new phone and the best way to do it is via a Factory Reset / Hard Reset and we have attached the guide to do the same on your OnePlus 5T below.
- Top 15 best apps for OnePlus 5T (Must Have Apps)
- How To Take Screenshot On OnePlus 5T (Easy Method)
- How to Enter Oneplus 5T Recovery & Bootloader Mode (Fastboot)
- Download Latest OnePlus 5T USB Drivers
RootMyGalaxy.net should not be held responsible for any damage caused due to following this guide. However, there is no major risk involved in the below steps and we would assist you in the best way possible via the comments section below.
Method 1: Hard/Factory Reset via Phone’s Settings app
- First, go to Settings On Your device then scroll down to Backup & reset.
- Now, select Factory data reset then enable Erase Internal Storage
- Now Tap On Reset phone at the bottom of the screen.Then select OK.
Note that this process will take some time as the phone will be reset. After resetting, the device will restart automatically and you will have to start the initial setup process.
Method 2: Hard/Factory Reset via Stock Recovery
- Initially, switch off your OnePlus 5T and reboot into recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time while switching on the device. If you need help, please follow this article to Enter Recovery mode on your OnePlus 5T.
- Now that you are in Recovery mode, select “wipe data factory reset” available in the options on the Recovery.
- Once the data is wiped, you need to tap on “reboot system now”. This will take you to the initial setup on the phone which means that your smartphone has been factory reset. This method of factory resetting the phone via Stock Recovery is also known as Hard Reset.