Hogwarts Legacy is a tremendous game and it features a lot of exciting game modes and amazing gameplay. While the game has received largely positive reviews from Harry Potter fans, the game features a few bugs and issues here and there.
The others aren’t just struggling with stuttering, FPS drops, and crashes but there are other issues as well. One of those issues is the Save Game File issue. If you are in the same boat, then this guide is perfect for you. In this guide, you will get to know how to Save Game File Issues on Hogwarts Legacy.
How to fix Save Game File issues on Hogwarts Legacy
First, you need to open Run using Windows + R and type %AppData%. This will take you to the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\SaveGames\ (replace “Username” with your username).
- You will find a folder with numbers in its name, you will need to cut it and then paste it on the Desktop
- Open this folder and then check on the last autosave by going over to the Date Modified column
- The Autosave file that you require will be of the same time as when the crash took place, it’ll be named “HL-oo-XX” and you should copy this file
- Open the game and then create a new character with the same name as the previously created character
- Once you reach the first cutscene, return to the SaveGames folder
- After that, go to the folder with all the numbers
- There will be a file named “HL-oo-XX”, you must note it somewhere and then delete it
- Press Ctrl + V, this will paste into your autosave file from the original game folder
- After that, rename this file with the same name as the file that you deleted above
- Now, you need to close and restart the game
- You will see the new character that you created in the main menu, click it, and then start the game
- Once you’re in the game, you will see that you are back to where you were before your game crashed
With these simple steps, you can easily fix the Save Game File issue on Hogwarts Legacy and get back to enjoying the game. Happy gaming!