Xfinity remotes are quite convenient tools for controlling your devices. However, they are far from perfect and can throw a few curveballs here and there.
Xfinity remotes have been known to malfunction on times. When your Xfinity remote control is not working properly, it can end up being quite frustrating.
If you’ve been experiencing this issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Xfinity Remote Not Working issue.
Steps to fix Xfinity Remote Not Working?
Method 1: Check the remote batteries
- Open the Xfinity Remote’s battery box
- Now, replace the old batteries with the new ones
- Double-check to ensure you’re properly inserting them
Method 2: Bring the remote closer to the Xfinity box
At times, the remote might lose its connection with the Xfinity device as the remote you’re using is a long way from it. Your remote might not be able to communicate with it. Therefore, if you believe this is the problem, you should move the remote control near the device and see if it fixes Xfinity Remote Not Working issue.
Method 3: Restart the Xfinity box
- First, you need to unplug the Xfinity device’s power cord
- Wait for a minute or two before plugging it back in
- Lastly, check the remote’s functionality after the Xfinity box restarts
Examine the physical state of your Xfinity Remote’s buttons. If the buttons have been stuck, this will clarify why the remote isn’t working. This issue typically involves one or more buttons that are stuck in the down position.
You should look for a flashing LED when you’re touching a button. If you cannot see an LED light, the button might be stuck. Give it a few pushes to see if it unsticks the buttons. If the buttons are stuck, you might require a new Xfinity remote.
Method 5: Reset the Xfinity box
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your Xfinity box
- Press the “Reset” button for 10-15 seconds
- Once you have reset the Xfinity box, you should try to use the remote again
- Check if the Xfinity Remote Not Working is resolved