Download and Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus X | Android 8.0 Oreo: Even though the current popular flagship device of OnePlus is the OnePlus 5, developers are working to create ROMs for the previous generation of OnePlus devices. The recent device to receive the Android Oreo 8.0 based custom ROM is the OnePlus X. The custom ROM is based on an Unofficial build of the LineageOS 15 and is developed by an Android developer YumiMichi.
Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Android and it was officially released by Google a few days back. It comes with a lot of interesting features and behind the screen improvements and it is said to be the fastest and most powerful version of Android yet. Some of the features of Android Oreo 8.0 include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts and app notification badges.Follow the guide given below to Update OnePlus X To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15
With LineageOS 15 unofficial build, you can now get your hands on these features of Android Oreo 8.0 by installing this custom ROM on your OnePlus X. Since the ROM is currently in the development phase and it is an unofficial build, some features might not work as you expect. But, an essential features like WiFI, mobile network and sensors are working without any issue. You can follow the below guide to Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus X | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for OnePlus X > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On OnePlus X | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the file from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.