In this step by step guide, you will learn How To Flash / Install CWM Recovery & Root Gionee Elife S Plus.Here we will be using SP Flash tool / Smart Flash tool to Root Gionee Elife S Plus.Make sure you have a windows computer because we are going to use windows Computer for the guide.
Nowadays rooting any android device is very easy and safe compared to before.Now we have various tools which make this process very simple.People with no programming skill will also root an android device.It is very simple nowadays.
If you have a Gionee Elife S Plus and you want to get root access on your device then you are at the right place.After rooting your device, you can tweak system settings on your device.You can overclock or underclock your CPU or undervolted it to save battery.
You can try different ROMs on your Gionee Elife S Plus.But Remember, rooting may void your device’s warranty.If you want to Root Gionee Elife S Plus then you have to flash a custom recovery first like CWM and then you can easily flash the SuperSu root pack via CWM recovery to Root Gionee Elife S Plus.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Gionee Elife S Plus while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Follow the guide to Safely Install CWM Recovery & Root Gionee Elife S Plus
- Make sure your device has more than 40% battery
- Download and Install VCOM drivers ((Mediatek drivers)
- Enable USB debugging.Go to Settings >> About phone and tap continuously Build Number until you see “You are now a developer” message.Now get back to settings and click Developer Options.Now turn on “Allow OEM Unlocking” and “USB Debugging”
Now time to Flash / Install CWM Recovery & Root Gionee Elife S Plus –>>
How To Install CWM Recovery & Root Gionee Elife S Plus
Step By Step Guide
Step 1: How To Install CWM Recovery On Gionee Elife S Plus
- Download the SP-Flash and Scatter File tool from the download section
- Now Extract the SP Flashtool file into a new folder (In desktop)
- Download the CWM recovery zip file from the, and then extract the “Recovery.img” and “MT6753_Android_Scatter.txt” file to the desktop screen of your computer
- Now go to the SP Flash tool folder (You have extracted step 2) and Open Flash_tool.exe
- Next, Select the “MT6753_Android_Scatter.txt” file (Extracted to the Desktop)
- After that, click download to begin flashing process.Now connect your device to your computer via USB cable pressing Volume Down or up key.Your device will be detected by the PC.The Flashing process will be started automatically & a Green button would appear once the process is completed.
- Done!!!CWM recovery is now installed on your Gionee Elife S Plus
Step 2: Root Gionee Elife S Plus
- Download the SuperSU package from here.
- Now, switch off your device and boot to recovery mode (press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button).
- From CWM Recovery, Go To Install Section, and then select the SuperSU Zip file and flash the SuperSu root file
- Once Flashing is completed, reboot your device
- Done!!! Now you should have a Rooted Gionee Elife S Plus
To verify the root status install Root Checker
If you have any question related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section below.
Via: Team Hovatek