Are you a Nokia 7 Plus user and want to flash a Custom Firmware? The wait is over. Now, you can easily Install Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7 Plus device based on Android 10. This is the most stable unofficial Android 10 Custom ROM for now according to the build author and Senior XDA Member Raghu-varma. A big thanks to the developer for sharing the full guide and required file download links. Nokia 7 Plus (Codenamed: Onyx) was launched back in 2018 with good mid-range specifications.
Currently, the device is running on Android 9.0 Pie official stable version and will receive the Android 10 official update in early 2020. Still, if you’re a Custom ROM lover or don’t want to wait for the official update, you can try the unofficial Lineage OS 17 ROM on your device right now. Additionally, you can check out the Lineage OS 17 supported device list.
Double-tap to wake and sleep
Selinux – permissive
All fixed for now. comment below if you face any bugs
For more information about the ROM, please visit the official Xda thread here.
Android 10 features
Google has launched the 10th generation of Android OS this year called Android 10 and most of the smartphone brands are providing the firmware version update gradually to its eligible devices. As the Nokia 7 Plus came with the Android One platform, the device will receive the Android 10 update for sure to complete the two major Android upgrade promises.
Android 10 is also the successor version of the last generation Android 9.0 Pie that was a huge hit and still running on most of the devices. The latest version of Android delivers so many new and useful features with improved system security & stability. We have mentioned some of the features below:
- System-wide Dark Mode
- Family Link
- Focus Mode
- Sound Amplifier
- Smart Reply
- Chat Bubble
- Improved Sharing menu
- Redesigned UI
- New Gestures Navigation
- Apps and Location Permission Control
- Foldable Display support
- Multi-Screen API
- and more…
Now, let’s head over to the firmware installation process. But first, take a quick look at the pre-requirements and download links below.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7 Plus.
- Lineage OS 17 for Nokia 7 Plus: Download Link (Always download the latest build)
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7 Plus (Android 10)
- Make sure your device has the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now, format data at first.
- Select the Install option and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once you flash the ROM File, return back to the TWRP recovery (Boot into recovery)
- Check your current active slot. (Example – if twrp shows current active slot A change to B if B change to A)
- Now flash Gapps zip file
- Wipe all except system & vendor.
- Reboot to the system.
- Wait for the complete bootup and you’re done.
We hope this guide is useful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.