In this guide, we will be showing you how to download & Install Omni ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow On OnePlus One.There is an Unofficial Omni ROM For OnePlus One Based On Android 6.0 Marshmallow is available for download.We already posted a guide to Install CM 13 Marshmallow On OnePlus One (Paradox ROM).So if you want then you can check out that post.
Now Official CyanogenMod 13 is also available for OnePlus One (Link below)
This Omni ROM is an unofficial Build and is based on latest android 6.0 Marshmallow.This the 2nd Marshmallow ROM for OnePlus One after the unofficial CM 13.This Omni ROM is based on android 6.0 marshmallow AOSP code in AOSP source.Thaks to Herna (Xda Developer), now OnePlus One Users can try This Omni Marshmallow ROM.Let me clear, this is an experimental ROM and it is in its development stage so there will be few bugs.Below we share some bugs.So if you want to install this ROM then follow the guide below on How to Install Omni ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow On OnePlus One.
Visit this link to find out if your device has CM 13 Or Not–>>Category: CyanogenMod 13
Now there are many Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROMs available For OnePlus One.We have already Posted an article on that link is given below
1.Random Wi-Fi MAC 2.NFC is not working
These are the two bugs we found while testing
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin this process
->This is Only For OPO(Bacon) Don’t try On OnePlus 2
How to Safely Install Omni ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow On OnePlus One
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus One (Bacon) while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Install Omni ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow On OnePlus One
- The latest version of a custom TWRP recovery should be installed on your phone.Here is the Guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device (Important)
- Take a proper backup (Nandroid ROM Backup) of all the important data from TWRP main menu
- Enable USB debugging option on your OPO from Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
(For future updates on this ROM and bugs and fixes visit this official Xda post)
How TO: Install Omni ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow On OnePlus One
Step By Step Guide
- Download both Omni ROM and Gapps files from the above link and transfer them to the internal memory of your OnePlus One via microUSB
- Then disconnect your phone from your PC and now reboot your device to TWRP recovery.To do so
Hold the Power + Volume Up keys at the same time and do not let go of the keys until the screen changes.Soon you will see the Fastboot mode menu on the device’s display.Release both keys when you see that Fastboot mode on the display.Use the Volume keys to scroll through the Fastboot menu.Highlight the recovery mode option from the list.Enter the recovery Mode by quickly pressing the Power key just once.
- Once You are in TWRP , take a backup of your current ROM.
- Then just follow this guide to Install Omni ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow On OnePlus One–>>How to Install AOSP ROM Via TWRP Recovery
- Done!!!!Your OnePlus One should now have the Omni marshmallow ROM.
If you have any questions related to this post ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.