With every update which Google is releasing, Android is becoming more secure where Google indirectly challenging developers to gain root access on Android devices.
While Chainfire’s systemless rooting with SuperSU is one of the best and easiest ways to root an Android device. Magisk allows users to root their Android devices without modifying system partition, allowing users to install OTA updates even after the device is rooted. Magisk is far better than SuperSU in many aspects. While SuperSU only grants or denies root permissions for particular apps but magisk can hide the root from an app completely, for example, the banking app and some games will not work on rooted devices but they will work if you are using Magisk.
You can alter your Android Device systemless-ly with Magisk. Where you can install different types of modules along with STOCK ROM and uninstall it whenever you don’t need them. Thanks to developer topjohnwu who developed Magisk on Android Devices, where users can install custom MODs without modifying system files.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Follow all the steps correctly or you may brick your watch.
Steps to Install TWRP and Root LG G Watch
- Download and install ADB Drivers.
- Download TWRP file, Magisk zip file, Magisk manager v4.3.1 apk & local.prop files and save it in ADB folder [C:\adb]
- Now rename the TWRP file TWRP.img and Magisk zip file to magisk.zip
- Connect your LG G Watch watch to PC using USB cable.
- Enable Developer options & ADB debugging option on your Watch
- Go to Settings
- Tap on About.
- Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Head back to main settings by swiping left, Scroll down to bottom and select Developer options.
- Tap on ADB debugging, click on right tick to confirm.
- When you connect your watch to PC, You will see the prompt on your watch asking to Allow Debugging, Tap on Always allow from this computer option.
- Open ADB folder in your PC, open a command window by pressing “Shift key + Right mouse click” and click on “Open command window here.”
- Now Execute the following command
adb reboot bootloader [icon name="bell" class="" unprefixed_class=""] watch may ask to allow debugging from this PC either allow or always allow.
- Now Execute the following command
- Once watch boots into bootloader, Execute the following command to install TWRP
fastboot boot "TWRP.img"
- Now execute the following command
adb push Magisk.zip /sdcard/
- Execute the following command
adb push dory-localprop-and-magisk-manager.zip /sdcard/
- In TWRP click Install –> Install ZIP –> Scroll Down –> Select Magisk.zip –> Tick button –> Swipe to flash –> When finished click the back key –> Install ZIP –> Select dory-localprop-and-magisk-manager.zip –> Tick button –> Swipe to Flash
- Now Reboot System button –> Swipe to confirm (don’t worry about no OS error.)
- Open Magisk Manager App –> Click Hamburger Menu (three lines) –> Scroll Down to Settings (Labelled Setti on small screen) –> Click it
- Scroll Down –> Enable Magisk Hide
If you have any doubts, let us know in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.