Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi 5X and Install TWRP Recovery: Xiaomi recently launched the Xiaomi Mi A1 5X also known the Android One phone. This phone was released along with Google and it is the first Xaiomi device to launch with stock Android instead of MIUI. The Xiaomi 5X was released with Android Nougat 7.1.2 and Google has promised that the device will get an update to both Android Oreo and the version after that.
While the device has not even been properly released yet, TWRP recovery and rooting methods for the Xiaomi Mi 5X are already in. By installing a custom recovery like TWRP and rooting your Xiaomi Mi 5X, you will be able to install custom ROMs on your device with additional features and customization options. You can also access root only apps with added functionality if you enable root access.
You can follow the below step by step guide to install TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 5X and then root your device. Remember, to install a custom recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 5X you have to first unlock your bootloader. This might delete all the data on your device and may also void your warranty. So, make sure to take a complete backup before you proceed.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Xiaomi Mi 5X
Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 5X:
- Move the downloaded TWRP recovery file inside the ADB folder
- Rename the TWRP file as TWRP.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder by holding the shift key on the keyboard and right mouse click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by executing the following command in CMD
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command to flash the TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- To reboot your device in recovery mode, then execute the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 5X device via TWRP
- Download the Magisk.zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Magisk (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once the file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu