How To Root Galaxy Note 8 and Install TWRP recovery |SM-N950F/FD/X/N | Exynos Variants (Megisk Method): Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 a few weeks back and it is the latest flagship of the Samsung Note series. The device received positive reviews from both users and critics and it comes with a lot of interesting features like the infinity display, S-pen, dual camera setup and the Iris scanner. The device comes with a Snapdragon and an Exynos variant and if you own the Exynos one, you can now install the unofficial TWRP recovery and root your Note 8.
By rooting your Galaxy Note 8, you give it additional permissions to perform extra tasks and work more efficiently, You can also install custom ROMs or Kernels if you have a rooted Android device. While there are not many custom ROMs available for the Galaxy Note 8, it might receive new ones soon, so it is advisable to root your device right now.
However, before you root your device, you have to first unlock the bootloader of your Galaxy Note 8 and install a custom TWRP recovery to proceed. So make sure to take a complete backup of your device just in case. You can follow the below step by guide to install TWRP Recovery and root your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- The Bootloader must be unlocked.
- This only works On Galaxy Note 8 Model number SM-N950F/FD/X/N (Exynos Variants).Don’t try on American Note 8 sets that come as model no. SM-N950U (T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, etc) as well as Canadian sets (SM_N950W) and Chinese models (SM-N9508/0/5).
- Download and Install Galaxy Drivers On PC
- Take a backup of your important data
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC .Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Now Enable Developer option.Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap Build number seven times to enable “Developer options”
How To Install TWRP Recovery & Root Galaxy Note 8 (Exynos Variants)
Read the Pre-Requirements
- First Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 8
Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy Note 8 using Fastboot commands Guide > How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
Now you can Root your device by flashing the SuperSu File using TWRP recovery
How to Safely Root Galaxy Note 8
- Download the Magisk.zip root file and put it in internal memory of your device
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode (Just switch off your device and the press volume down and power button simultaneously for 5 sec and then leave it to boot into recovery mode)
- Now follow the guide to Flash Magisk Via TWRP to root your Galaxy Note 8. Guide > How To Flash Magisk using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!! Your device is now rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.