The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has released another budget-segment Galaxy A-series device called Samsung Galaxy A40. If you’re using the Samsung Galaxy A40 handset and want to install TWRP and root your device, this article is for you. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Root Galaxy A40 and Install TWRP Recovery.
As a keen Android user, you definitely think about customizing your device. In order to do that, first of all you have to unlock the device bootloader and then install a custom recovery as well. We have covered all the required areas that you can follow during the flashing process. Additionally, we have also shared the rooting process via Magisk as well.
It has a 5.9-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display, Exynos 7885 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB onboard memory, decent 3,100 mAh battery with 15W fast charging, a dual rear camera setup, and stunning gradient color design. The handset runs on Android 9 Pie over One UI out-of-the-box.
In terms of the camera, it has a 16MP+5MP rear camera setup and a 25MP selfie camera on the front side. The handset supports dual Nano-SIM, features Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, etc. Additionally, it has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensor.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) on older devices by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
TWRP Recovery and its benefits
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create Nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a Nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy A40
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access. We recommend Magisk method
Installing TWRP On Galaxy A40
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device (Un-Official Release) || Xda Development Page
- Now follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On Galaxy A40
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.[symple_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/different-ways-to-boot-into-android-recovery-mode/” color=”black” size=”default” border_radius=”7px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]How to Boot into Recovery Mode on Android[/symple_button]
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Galaxy A40
- Download the latest zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk | Root Galaxy A40 (Recomended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Galaxy A40 easily.
If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.