Jun 12, 2017 – Guide: How to root LG G6 and Install TWRP recovery.LG G6 has been announced at MWC in Barcelona 2017.The LG G6 is the flagships device of 2017 from LG.It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM.It comes with 32GB onboard storage with the option to expand the storage using a microSD card up to 2 TB. It runs on Android 7.1 Nougat along with the LG skin atop it called UX 6. Google Assistant will come baked in with LG G6.
LG G6 has already become crows favourite.This device brings back LG to the smartphone game.Now there will be developers who are eagerly waiting for the device to come.Then there will be TWRP recovery and supersu available for the device.TWRP helps you get lot of advanced tools to play with on your device including the ability to root your device by just flashing SuperSU zip using the custom recovery.
You may Like Download LG G6 Stock System Dump
Thankfully, this exciting new device will be released soon and it will be followed by the release of TWRP for LG G6 which will make rooting the device really easy. In this guide, we will be giving you a step-by-step process on how to root your LG G6 and then install TWRP recovery in it.
The process is fairly simple and won’t take much time to complete. You will be needed to fulfil few pre-requisites and download some files which will be essential to carry out this process.
- Have the bootloader of your device unlocked.
- More than 50% battery.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of all the important data, contacts and other files.
TWRP (Coming Soon)
SuperSU zip (Coming Soon)
How to root LG G6 and install TWRP custom recovery
- Setup the ADB and fastboot files on your PC using the link mentioned above.
- Download the SuperSU.zip file and copy it to your PC.
- Enable the “Developer Options” in the Settings. For doing so follow this guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Open the Developer Options and then enable USB Debugging. Now connect your LG G6 to your PC using USB cable.
- Give the following command in the ADB and Fastboot window to reboot into Bootloader mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Download TWRP.img file and then copy it to ADB and Fastboot folder. Now give the following command to install TWRP (Use the recovery name in the place green colored text)
fastboot flash recovery recovery mane
- Now, boot your device into Android TWRP and it would be replaced with stock recovery.
- Once in TWRP, select the SuperSU zip file and then swipe to confirm installation.
- Once TWRP is installed, reboot your device
Now check whether your device is rooted or not with root checker
If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂