Steps To Root OnePlus 5 and Install TWRP running On Android 8.0 Oreo (OxygenOs 5.0+): When all manufacturers were trying to catch up the market of Android smartphone, OnePlus 5 had other ideas. The idea was to launch one smartphone packed with the best of features available on the market. Their idea was really successful and within few years the manufacturer has climbed to the top part of the market. It looks like OnePlus is trying to be the iPhone in the Android market. A new flagship device is coming up every year from OnePlus and gaining a lot of positive reviews around the globe.
The latest smartphone from the popular manufacturer is the OnePlus 5. Few months after the launch, the device already has a bigger user base. And this is the main reason why the manufacturer gave the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update. The update came as the OxygenOS 5.0 which is an Oreo-based update. The update still hasn’t reached all of the users but is expected to arrive very soon.
So if you have received the OxygenOS 5.0+ and want to root it with the latest update, we have the guide for you here. OnePlus devices are also known to be a developer-friendly device, so rooting the device has a lot of advantages too.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 Unlock OnePlus 5 Bootloader Running Android 8.0 Oreo
- 0.4 Pre-Requisites
- 0.5 Disclaimer
- 0.6 Needed downloads
- 1 How to Root OnePlus 5 and Install TWRP Recovery On Android 8.0 Oreo
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.
Unlock OnePlus 5 Bootloader Running Android 8.0 Oreo
- Guide > How To Unlock the Bootloader Of OnePlus 5 (Similar as OnePlus 5)
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
For this process you need TWRP recovery, SuperSU, and Magisk. The download links are given below.
How to Root OnePlus 5 and Install TWRP Recovery On Android 8.0 Oreo
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu to get root access.
#1 Installing TWRP On OnePlus 5 Running Android Oreo 8.0
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 5 (Download section above)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 5
#2 How to Root OnePlus 5 On Oreo
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
1. Using SuperSu (Root OnePlus 5 )
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
2. Using Magisk (Root OnePlus 5 )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root OnePlus 5 successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!