In this guide, you will learn How to Root Sony Xperia Z5 Safely.We will be sharing full step by step guide below.At IFA 2015 press event Sony announced the Sony Xperia Z5, the latest flagship phone of the company.Xperia Z5 features a Snapdragon 810 processor coupled with 3GB RAM.It comes with 32GB onboard storage.This has a FULL HD display.
It has some extras features like the new fingerprint scanner, and more importantly, in the redesigned camera.The Xperia Z5 comes with a 23MP sensor with autofocus of just .03 seconds and F2.0 G Lens tech. There’s also a few other extras including 5x clear image zoom and advanced processing software.
So If you have a Sony Xperia Z5 and you want to get root access on your device then you are at the right place.But remember, this guide is only tested on Z5 compact model so don’t try on other devices.
- Related Post: How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
Bootloader Must be unlocked
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xperia z5 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- SetUp ADB & Fastboot On your Pc.Guide >Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Enable USB Debugging.To Do So Open Settings » go to About phone and tap seven times on Build number, this will enable Developer options.Now go back to Settings and you’ll see “Developer options” there, open it.Then Tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Now open the folder which contains the modified stock kernel(z5_stock_fixed.img), TWRP (recovery.img) and SuperSU zip file on your PC.
- Open Command prompt from that Folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Flash the modified kernel
fastboot flash boot z5_stock_fixed.img
- Flash the recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img
- From recovery, use ADB to first mount system and user data partitions issuing Following commands:
adb shell mount
adb shell cat /proc/partitions
adb shell mount /dev/block/platform/soc.0/by-name/system /system
adb shell mount /dev/block/platform/soc.0/by-name/userdata /data
- After the previous partition is done, issue the following commands to Flash SuperSU zip to your Z5
adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/media/0/
adb shell twrp install /data/media/0/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
adb shell rm /data/media/0/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
- Now reboot your device
- Done!!! Your Xperia Z5 is now rooted.