In this guide, you will learn How To Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP & Root Meizu PRO 5 running the latest Flyme OS.It is a very simple guide.Just follow the given steps to unlock the bootloader, Install TWRP recovery & then root Meizu Pro 5 by flashing the SuperSu root package
Meizu has updated their Meizu MX5 And PRO5 to latest Flyme OS 5.1.3.If you have updated your Meizu Pro 5 to Flyme OS 5.1.3 then you probably lost the root access on your device.But the good news is that now you can regain the root access by following few steps.
First, We have to unlock the bootloader of Meizu Pro 5 by the fastboot commands.Make sure you have a Computer and you have install ADB & fastboot drivers on that.After unlocking the bootloader, we have to flash the TWRP recovery using fastboot commands then we can easily flash / install the SuperSu root package to get root access on Meizu Pro 5.
→This is only for Meizu Pro 5, so don’t try this on other models.
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Meizu Pro 5 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Take a backup of your important data
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC .Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows & How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap Build number seven times to enable “Developer options”
TWRP for Meizu PRO 5→ Mirror | File: twrp30.img
(Download the recovery and put it inside the Fastboot folder)
Flash SuperSU for root→ Download (Check the android version and download the right SuperSu for the device)
How To How To Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP & Root Meizu PRO 5
Step By Step Guide
→ Unlocking bootloader will erase your device’s data so create a backup of your important data
- First, We have to unlock the bootloader of Meizu Pro 5.Guide > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot
- Now download the TWRP recovery and put it inside the fastboot folder.Then follow this guide to Flash / Install TWRP recovery On Meizu Pro 5.Guide > How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now download the SuperSu root file and transfer it to the internal memory of your device by USB.Then just flash it via TWRPP recovery.Guide > How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!! Your device is now rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section