Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Unlock the Bootloader of T-mobile OnePlus 6T. We have already shared the guide to unlock the bootloader of the global variant but that method won’t work on T-mobile variant of the device. Users need an unlocking key to get T-Mobile OnePlus 6T’s bootloader unlocked.
The great news is that now OnePlus 6T (T-Mobile) users can easily unlock the bootloader of the device. This is thanks to developers at Xda. Not only unlocking the bootloader but also TWRP and rooting is also possible and A detailed Xda guide is also posted on their website.
About OnePlus 6T
The OnePlus 6T was launched on October 29th, 2018. It sports a 6.4-inch AMOLED display (2340 pixels by 1080 pixels). Like the previous OnePlus 6, the OnePlus 6T has the most powerful CPU. It is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 8 GB of RAM.
The device comes with 128 GB internal storage. There are some rumours saying that there will be a 256 GB variant of the device. It carries the same dual rear camera setup from OnePlus 6. It sports a 16 +20 MP rear dual camera set up and a 16-megapixel front camera. The OnePlus 6T will come with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. OnePlus has finally removed the headphone jack from its flagship device. It houses a 3700 mAh battery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus 6T while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Get your phone’s IMEI by dialling *#06# in your phone’s dialer.
- First, take a backup of your apps and data.
Now download the files and follow the guide to Unlock the Bootloader On T-Mobile OnePlus 6T
How To Unlock the Bootloader On T-Mobile OnePlus 6T (Safest Way)
- Download and install the OnePlus drivers on your PC (Link is given in the download section above)
- Then Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option On Your OnePlus 6T.
- Now reboot your device into bootloader. And connect your device with PC or Computer.
- Now Go To The ADB Folder and open Command window / Powershell window there (To Do so, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu)
- Connect your device to the PC
- Now reboot into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Check fastboot connectivity by giving the command below. If your device is connected properly then it should return the device code.
- Now you need to know the unlocking code of your device. Just issue the following commands.
fastboot oem get_unlock_code
- Copy the code appeared code then go to the unlock token page. Input all the required information there. It may take 5-7 days for the token to come (via mail)
- Now copy the Unlock_Token.bin file to the ADB Folder
- Enter fastboot mode and open fastboot Window, then enter the following commands
fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_token.bin fastboot oem unlock
- Done!!! Now the Bootloader of your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T is unlocked.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂