Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Unlock the Bootloader of T-mobile OnePlus 6T. We have already shared the guide to unlock the bootloader of the global variant but that method won’t work on T-mobile variant of the device. Users need an unlocking key to get T-Mobile OnePlus 6T’s bootloader unlocked.
The great news is that now OnePlus 6T (T-Mobile) users can easily unlock the bootloader of the device. This is thanks to developers at Xda. Not only unlocking the bootloader but also TWRP and rooting is also possible and A detailed Xda guide is also posted on their website.
About OnePlus 6T
The OnePlus 6T was launched on October 29th, 2018. It sports a 6.4-inch AMOLED display (2340 pixels by 1080 pixels). Like the previous OnePlus 6, the OnePlus 6T has the most powerful CPU. It is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 8 GB of RAM.
The device comes with 128 GB internal storage. There are some rumours saying that there will be a 256 GB variant of the device. It carries the same dual rear camera setup from OnePlus 6. It sports a 16 +20 MP rear dual camera set up and a 16-megapixel front camera. The OnePlus 6T will come with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. OnePlus has finally removed the headphone jack from its flagship device. It houses a 3700 mAh battery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus 6T while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Get your phone’s IMEI by dialling *#06# in your phone’s dialer.
- First, take a backup of your apps and data.
Now download the files and follow the guide to Unlock the Bootloader On T-Mobile OnePlus 6T
How To Unlock the Bootloader On T-Mobile OnePlus 6T (Safest Way)
- Download and install the OnePlus drivers on your PC (Link is given in the download section above)
- Then Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option On Your OnePlus 6T.
- Now reboot your device into bootloader. And connect your device with PC or Computer.
- Now Go To The ADB Folder and open Command window / Powershell window there (To Do so, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu)
- Connect your device to the PC
- Now reboot into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Check fastboot connectivity by giving the command below. If your device is connected properly then it should return the device code.
- Now you need to know the unlocking code of your device. Just issue the following commands.
fastboot oem get_unlock_code
- Copy the code appeared code then go to the unlock token page. Input all the required information there. It may take 5-7 days for the token to come (via mail)
- Now copy the Unlock_Token.bin file to the ADB Folder
- Enter fastboot mode and open fastboot Window, then enter the following commands
fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_token.bin fastboot oem unlock
- Done!!! Now the Bootloader of your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T is unlocked.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.