So, it seems that the HongMeng OS, later known as HarmonyOS has finally on its edge to release pretty soon in 2021 according to Huawei. Coming to the various reports, Huawei has strongly held around 10% of the global mobile vendor market share after Samsung and Apple. Now, the numbers are really appreciable even after a sort of trade war between Chinese tech giant Huawei and the USA last year in 2019. Here we’ve shared the expected details of Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0: Supported Device List and Release Date.
Once most of the US-based tech brands including Google have revoked its partnership with Huawei, the Chinese tech giant has made its decision to go with its own sort of mobile services instead of GMS. So, Huawei has developed its own open-source platform called HarmonyOS. As we’ve already mentioned that Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) will soon come into the light for its devices along with Huawei App Store, more refined and advanced skin rather than Google Mobile Services (GMS). So, right after the clash, Huawei has started pushing some of its devices without Google Play Services outside of China.
The HarmonyOS official website is also accessible that offers development, certification, source download option, start access, along with some of the useful highlighted features. Such as Advanced Multi-terminal unified OS, better compatibility, safe & reliable, etc. Now, it’s also worth mentioning that Huawei will also release some of its IoT devices that will run on the HarmonyOS like WLAN connection products, Camera products, Camera + Screen products, and more including Huawei smartphones/tablet devices, obviously. So, if you’re one of the Huawei device users or lovers then check out the eligible device list and expected release date below.
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0: Supported Device List
Currently, there is no official announcement available yet of the Huawei/Honor supported device list for Huawei HarmonyOS. We have to wait for more info.
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0: Release Date
Huawei has officially announced the HarmonyOS skin in August 2019, at the Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) and then announced the HarmonyOS 2.0 in September 2020. It’s expected that the company will release the OS officially in 2021 for its HarmonyOS 2.0 powered Car head units, smartwatches, PCs/Laptops, smart speakers, headphones, VR glasses, Smart TV, and other IoT devices. However, there is no mention of the smartphones in the update roadmap.
Moreover, it’s also expected that the HarmonyOS 2.0 Developer Beta build will be available by the end of 2020. Now, let’s take a quick look at some of the reported features below.
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0: Expected Features
- The HarmonyOS 2.0 will use Distributed Virtual Bus, Distributed Data Management, Distributed Security for the all-scenario ecosystem (Open-Source).
- Moreover, Huawei Huawei will also use the HarmonyOS application framework, 13000+ APIs, Huawei DevEco, OpenArk Compiler technologies.
- The operating system will be smooth and lightning fast with the 10ms low latency rate, 2.4Gbps high throughput, up to 30% anti packet loss rate (highly reliable).
- Additionally, the HarmonyOS 2.0 will have streamlined Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity, automatic connection without waiting, dynamic delay calibration for smoother cross-device audio & video experience, and more.
- Secured authentication request by the face unlock, fingerprint, retina scan, other biometrics, voice unlock, heart function unlocks, etc for the smartphones and smartwatches.
- Huawei is also working on the advanced AI-equipped Firewall protection for HarmonyOS 2.0 which will be quite hard to get access easily.
- Faster read/write speed in the data transferring, USB data cable connectivity, file sharing mode, etc.
- Foldable display UI, multi-tasking, and multi-screen experience will be improved.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 Beta SDK will help plenty of developers to build their applications/games for almost 10 million devices due to its open-source nature.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, video calling and video conferencing become one of the mainstream ways to contact or connect people. Therefore, Huawei is also working on creating/joining video calls/meetings with the help of QR Code, multi-screen support, instant to-do-note capturing features with the help of AI or voice recognition.
- GPS navigation will be much advanced and improved than all the current generation navigation systems or apps like Google Maps.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.