Huawei’s December 2021 security patch has now started rolling out to Mate 9 series smartphones. The latest software update comes with Harmony OS 2 version 18.104.22.168, an upgrade from Harmony OS 2 version 22.214.171.124.
According to a report from Huawei Central, the new software update is rolling out to Huawei Mate 9 series, which includes Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro, and Mate 9 Porsche Edition. According to the changelog, the update brings optimizations/fixes to the system and display, in addition to the December 2021 security patch.
The December 2021 software update from Mate 9 series optimizes basic features experience such as volume, device unlocking experience and adds icon zoom feature. It also optimizes the display effect of the contact interface. With the new update, Huawei has fixed the Huawei account log-in problem for the Mate 9 series.
Users are recommended to install the latest security patch as it fixes dozens of system security and privacy-related vulnerabilities. In a more detailed manner, the newest security patch fixes 1 CVE in the framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, 3 CVEs in applications, and 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries.
- System: Optimizes the basic feature experience such as volume, and device unlocking experience in some scenarios as well as adding the icon zoom function
- Display: Optimizes the display effect of the contact interface
- System: Fixes the problem of being unable to log in to Huawei account in some scenes
- Security: Installs December 2021 security patches to enhance the security of mobile phone systems
How to install the latest update
Via Settings app:
- Open Settings app
- Go to System & updates -> Software update
- Tap on Check for Updates
- Hit the Download and Install button
- Reboot the phone
Via My Huawei app:
- Open My Huawei app
- Tap on Update
- Now, tap on the Download and Install button
- Reboot the phone