Huawei has officially started rolling out the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS 2 software update for its Huawei Mate X users. This update will come with many optimizations while it’ll also install the latest security patch for overall better system security. The new update will upgrade the Huawei Mate X’s firmware from HarmonyOS v126.96.36.199 to v188.8.131.52 and has already started to be rolled out in China. Initially, a limited number of Chinese models will be receiving this update before it is gradually rolled out to other handsets in other markets.
The December 2021 HarmonyOS update will also come with several security improvements. It will fix one major CVE in the framework, 3 CVEs in applications, 3 CVEs in the system, 2 CVEs in Kernel, and 62 CVEs in third-party libraries.
Changelog for the December 2021 HarmonyOS Update for Huawei Mate X
- Bluetooth – The latest update will optimize the compatibility of the Bluetooth feature and certain headsets
- App – The new update will optimize the compatibility of Huawei printing with a few third-party applications
- Multi-window – The update will optimize the user experience of smart multi-windows
- System – Another aspect that the new update will optimize is the system stability of some scenarios
- Security – The latest update incorporates security in the December 2021 patch for enhancing the security of mobile phone systems
How to update your Huawei Mate X smartphones?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Mate X device
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.