In the past few weeks Huawei has been busy distributing the November 2021 Security Patch update to as many as 29 devices and now, the Huawei P Smart Pro handsets are set to receive the update globally. The all-new update will come with the build number EMUI 10.0.0.449 and it includes 1 critical, 8 medium levels of CVEs, and 22 high levels of CVEs, meanwhile there is no low level of CVEs present.
Huawei has been sharing both the November 2021 security Patch and the latest HarmonyOS update for all the eligible smartphones via gradual OTA rollout. The software update for the smartphones will come with new security patches, system improvements, added features, and performance enhancements by system tweaks.
Changelog for the November 2021 Security Patch update
The November 2021 Security Patch Update file can be identified easily as it comes with the build number EMUI 10.0.0.449 and weighs just 145MB in size. It comes with many security improvements while integrating security patches released in November 2021 for overall improved system security.
How to download and install the November 2021 Security Patch update?
Firstly, check if you have not received a notification yet, you should check for the OTA update in your device’s settings manually. To do that, you can follow these simple steps –
- Visit the Settings menu on your smartphone
- Head over to the System option
- Click on the Software Update option and then Check for Updates
- If you have the update available on the device, Download and Install the update
- Once the update is finished, reboot your Huawei P Smart Pro
Alternatively, you can also update your Huawei P Smart Pro using the Support app. To do that –
- Open the app and go to the Support App
- Head over to the Update option
- Check for Updates
- In case your device has the update available, Download and Install the November 2021 Patch Update
- Once it is done, reboot the device