Huawei has started sending out the latest HarmonyOS firmware update for its Huawei P10 Series users. This new update will bring in several system fixes that were previously encountered in HarmonyOS versions of the past. The update will be available for the following adapting models – Huawei P10 (VTR-AL00), Huawei P10 Plus (VTR-TL00), Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-TL00), and Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-AL00).
The HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 firmware update will consist of fixes for device unblocking and fix the problem of not being able to log in to the Huawei account. Additionally, there will also be optimizations for the display effect in the contact interface.
In addition to the user experience improvements, there will also be system security improvements as this update will install the latest security patch of December 2021. It will also fix 1 CVE in the framework, 3 CVEs in applications, 3 CVEs in the system, 2 CVEs in Kernel, and 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries.
Changelog for the December 2021 HarmonyOS Update for Huawei P10 Series
- Bluetooth – The latest update will optimize the compatibility of the Bluetooth feature and certain headsets
- App – The new update will optimize the compatibility of Huawei printing with a few third-party applications
- Multi-window – The update will optimize the user experience of smart multi-windows
- System – Another aspect that the new update will optimize is the system stability of some scenarios
- Security – The latest update incorporates security in the December 2021 patch for enhancing the security of mobile phone systems
How to update your Huawei P10 Series smartphones?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Huawei P10 device
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.