Huawei has started rolling out a new incremental update to Huawei P40 series devices (Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, and Huawei P40 Pro+). The update brings EMUI 11 build version 126.96.36.199 to the device.
The update is currently being rolled in a phased manner. The update aims to provide a better user experience by improving system stability. The update brings optimization to the fingerprint unlock experience. We now have the full changelog as well which you can check down below.
The update brings November 2020 security patch to the devices. Meanwhile, you can manually check for the update. If you own the device, you can manually check for the update, Go to System > Software update > Check for updates.
There is another way to update, open HiCare app > Update > Check for updates.
Version Update: 188.8.131.52 → 184.108.40.206
EMUI 220.127.116.11 Changelogs:
- Adds the MeeTime Direct feature, allowing you to quickly share original quality files of any size with your MeeTime contacts. Tasks can also be resumed if they pause unexpectedly.
- Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting and smoother animations. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Allows you to flick your hand left and right in front of the screen to browse through your photos or flip through the pages in
an e-book (only available in Gallery and e-books). Allows you to hold your palm out in front of the screen and move it closer to answer calls, or play or pause music.
- Adds Smart Pay, allowing you to quickly bring up your payment code by pointing your phone at a code scanner. Fixes an issue where the size of floating windows couldn’t be adjusted in landscape mode.
- Fixes an issue where the WeChat twin app couldn’t be selected when sharing items.
- Integrates security patches released in November 2020 for improved system security.