From this guide, you will be able to download and install Android 10 Q Update On Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (AOSPExtended ROM) || (codename: a3y17lte )
If you are a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 user who is looking to install this latest update of Android 10 Q, then this post will help you do that. In this post, we will be sharing with you all about Android 10 Q, its new features, and more. After that, we will be sharing with you a step-by-step guide to help you install this update within minutes. We are thankful to developer Astrako over Xda for this awesome ROM.
The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 was launched back in January 2017. It features a 4.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. The device is driven by a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 sports a 13MP front and 8MP rear camera. It packs 16GB of onboard storage which can be expanded up to 256GB) via microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. It houses a 2350mAh non-removable battery.
[su_note note_color=”#e3ecf0″ radius=”2″]WANT MORE ROMS? CHECK OUT: BEST GALAXY A3 2017 CUSTOM ROMS[/su_note]
The device received two major updates Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 8.0 Oreo. The last major official update for the device is Android 8.0 Oreo. FYI, the device has still been getting monthly security patches.
[su_note note_color=”#ffded9″ radius=”2″]
⚠️ Not working:
- This is a BETA build since AEX 7 is still in BETA stage
- Light in buttons doesn’t work and can’t be enabled. Virtual navbar can’t be enabled either
- Echo in calls
- Other inherent bugs from AOSP, or AEX sources
- Selinux is permissive for now
- CTS profile fails in Magisk
- Volte (it never will work)
Android 10 Q Update On Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (AOSPExtended ROM) Features:
- SELinux is Permissive
- VoLTE is broken
- Tell me
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSPExtended Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 10 Q) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like AOSPExtendedEXTENDED or Lineage OS 15/16. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here >What Is Rooting Android Qhone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing a few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSPExtended Oreo On Samsung Galaxy A3 2017.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AOSPExtended Android 10 Q Update On Samsung Galaxy A3 2017
[su_highlight background=”#78ffb1″ color=”#16181b”]NOTE: If the download link doesn’t work, just visit the official thread to get the latest build [/su_highlight]
- Download Android 10 Q Gapps
Steps To Install Android 10 Q Update On Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (AOSPExtended ROM)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.