Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Motorola Moto Z (griffin) [crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM]: Motorola Moto Z was released in June 2016.It equipped with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels.It is a higher mid-range device from Moto.The device is powered by 1.8GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM.It has 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 2TB via a microSD card.It sports a 13-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel front camera.Out of the box, it runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and houses a 2600 mAh non-removable battery
The best thing about Android is the customization options it has.Users can root their device to use them to their fullest potential.Once a device is rooted, you can install Custom MODs, Kernels and ROMs.There are tons of Custom ROMs available for Android devices Like Carbon ROM, crDroid, Resurrection and Lineage Os.Users can update their old devices to the newest version of Androids which are not officially supported.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 8.1 ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have the full experience.Remember to follow all the steps carefully to avoid any bricking devices kind of situations.
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM On Motorola Moto Z (Android 8.1 Oreo ROM)[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
- Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Moto Z | Android Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo
- The Lineage OS 15.1 Official Device List (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Motorola Moto Z only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Motorola Moto Z [crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM]
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Motorola Moto Z using your data cable.
- Reboot your Motorola Moto Z into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on your device How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on Motorola Moto Z. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of the ROM which is built off of Android 8.1 Oreo!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.