Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Sony Xperia XZ1 with CarbonRom (cr-6.1): Have you ever rooted your device? Have you ever installed a custom ROM before? If your answer to both these questions was no, then that is going to have to change today. In this post, we will be sharing some valuable information regarding CarbonROM (cr-6.1) and how it can easily be downloaded on Sony Xperia XZ1. Custom ROMs can only be installed once you have rooted your device. Some custom ROMs like Resurrection Remix, Lineage OS, Viper OS, and CarbonROM can greatly help you improve your device. This update of CarbonROM (cr-6.1) is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code and it comes with not only the features of Oreo firmware but also some really amazing additional features.
Sony Xperia XZ1 comes with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display screen having full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core processor, Adreno 540 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 2700mAh Li-Ion battery. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box, and its other features include a 19.0 MP rear camera, a 13.0 MP front camera, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, and more.
In case you are a Sony Xperia XZ1 user that has been looking to root their device and install a custom ROM, then this post will help you do that. Here, in this post, we will be giving you all the basic details regarding rooting, custom ROMs, their benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you an elaborate instruction manual to help you complete the process.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search for good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like CarbonROM (cr-6.1) or Lineage OS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Official CarbonROM (cr-6.1) Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install CarbonROM (cr-6.1) On Sony Xperia XZ1.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download CarbonROM (cr-6.1) For Sony Xperia XZ1
- Download The ROM | Credit: Xda Devlopment page
- Download Official GApps For Official CarbonROM (cr-6.1)
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install CarbonROM (cr-6.1) On Sony Xperia XZ1 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-create-restore-nandroid-backup-on-android-devices/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices[/su_button]
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-a-custom-rom-via-recovery-on-any-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-gapps-using-twrp-recovery/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash GApps (Zip) via TWRP Recovery[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-latest-magisk-v13-5/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Nougat To Gain Root[/su_button]
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.