Blackview BV9800 is a project treble supported device so AOSP Android 10 ROM can be installed on this device too. Now you can easily Download and Install AOSP Android 10 On Blackview BV9800 (GSI Phh-Treble) . We would like to thank phhusson , Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 10-based AOSP ROM For Blackview BV9800.
According to the developer, the ROM is currently in the testing stage but most of the important features are working in this ROM. Now follow the guide to Install AOSP Pie ROM On Blackview BV9800 (Android 10). If you want more information about the ROM, we highly recommend you to visit the official Xda thread here.
Blackview BV9800 has a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of inbuilt storage. The device runs Android 9 Pie out of the box and houses a 6580 mAh non-removable battery.
It sports a dual-camera setup with 13MP + 2MP sensors on the rear side and an 8-megapixel camera on the front side. It comes with UFS 2.1 storage which is fast. It also has all the connectivity options and sensors. It also supports standard fast charging.
GSI Stands for Generic system image. It is a system image close to “pure Android” based on unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. GSI ROMs can be installed on supported project treble enabled devices. Now there are many Android 10 based GSI ROM made available for project trebled devices.
Android 10 Major Features
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSP Pie ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 10 GSI (A system with Arm64- Download Gapps version). Note: You can ask your queries on the official GitHub page here
- Download GApps For Android 10 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android 10 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install AOSP Pie ROM On Blackview BV9800 | Android 10 Update (GSI)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery (Version 3.2.1 or Higher) installed.
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into AOSP ROM Based on Android 10.
- Factory Reset your device (you can find guides on the web)
- Now enable USB Debugging on your device and connect your device to your PC
- Download and Install Latest ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform-Tools (2019) and Open the power-shell window inside the ADB folder (created once the sdk platform tools are installed)
- Now reboot to your device’s bootloader using the following ADB command
adb reboot bootloader
- With your device connected to your PC, open up a command prompt or terminal window in the same directory where you downloaded your GSI of choice.
- Enter the following command
fastboot erase system
- Now flash the GSIn ROM by giving the command below
fastboot -u flash system name_of_system.img
- The flashing process could take a few minutes. Once it has completed, reboot your device by the given command or by using the physical keys.
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into AOSP ROM Based on Android 10. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.