Simple Step By Step Guide to Safely Flash / Install CM 13 On T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Codename Hercules (T989) Android Marshmallow 6.0 Custom ROM
Finally, we have an unofficial but fully functional CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM13 Marshmallow ROM For T-Mobile Galaxy S2.If you want to try
This CyanogenMod ROM for T-Mobile S2 is fully functional and you can use it as your daily driver.The Only Functional Bugg is that NFC doesn’t work.Remember this is the first release of the ROM.In future Updates, everything will be fixed.This ROM is developed by bryan2894 over Xda.The ROM is not developed by Team CM but it is based on the CM 13 Source code released few months ago by Team CM.It is On Android Marshmallow 6.0
Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Other Galaxy S2 variants
→ Flash CM 13 On T-Mobile Galaxy S2
→This is only for T-mobile Galaxy S2 code name Hercules (T989) so don’t try this on other models.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
- This is not a straightaway process.You have to virtually repartition your Galaxy S2 to ext4 via TWRP recovery to be able to install CM13 (Important)
→ Safely Flash CM 13 On T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM
[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download T-Mobile Galaxy S2 CM13 ROM
[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Marshmallow Gapps — Link
How to Safely Flash CM 13 On T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM
Step By Step Guide
- First, Read the Pre-Requirement section carefully
- Now Download the CM 13 Marshmallow ROM and Gapps file from above links
- After that, Connect your device to PC and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to it. Disconnect the device then. Remember the location of the files on the device.
- Then Boot your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store. To manually boot into recovery mode, do this:
- Power off the device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button together until you see anything on the screen. Then let go of the buttons.You will enter recovery mode soon, and should see TWRP recovery. If you see an Android with an exclamation mark, then you need to install TWRP recovery for this (linked above).
- [Important] Virtually re-partition to ext4: Select Wipe »Advanced Wipe » Tick/check Internal Storage » select “Repair or Change File System” » select “Change File System” » select “EXT4”, and then swipe to start formatting the internal SD card.
└ (This will erase everything on internal SD card, make sure you backup before doing this)
- After doing all the steps now, Flash the CM 13 ROM and Gapps via TWRP for Help follow this link→ How to Install CM13 Or AOSP Marshmallow ROMs Via TWRP Recovery On Any Android Phone
Done!!! Now your T-mobile Galaxy S2 should be running the unofficial CM 13 ROM Android Marshmallow 6.0
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.