In this guide, you will learn How to Download & Install CM 13 ROM On Galaxy A5 Android Marshmallow.Now all Galaxy A5 users can get Android 6.0 Marshmallow via Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM 13 ROM.
While other big manufacturers have started rolling out Android Marshmallow 6.0 update for their flagship (LG & HTC), Samsung has not yet released a roadmap of its Marshmallow update release plans.Infact there is no news on when will Samsung’s flagships S6 and S6 Edge are going to get the latest Marshmallow update officially.
After team CM released their CM 13 source code many devices are getting the unofficial CyanogenMod 13 (CM 13) Updates.We have covered various unofficial CM 13 ROMs for many android devices on your Blog.Visit our CyanogenMod category to find out if your device has received CM 13 ROM or not.Link to CyanogenMod category is given below.Flash CM 13 ROM On Galaxy A5 Android Marshmallow →
Flash CM 13 ROM On Galaxy A5 Android Marshmallow →
Some More Useful Galaxy A5 Guides:
- How To Unroot / Unbrick Samsung Galaxy A5 (Bootloop Fix)↵
- Root Galaxy A5 A500F on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Safely↵
CyanogenMod 13 ROMs For Devices:
Looking at Samsung’s speed, we are sure mid-range devices (like Galaxy A5) are going to get the Marshmallow update next year.You can wait for the update or you can try out the unofficial CM 13 ROM for galaxy A5.We know this is not the perfect ROM.But you can try the Marshmallow.This unofficial CM 13 is developed by a developer TheWhisp over at Xda.Follow the guide below to Flash CM 13 ROM On Galaxy A5 Android Marshmallow
Remember this unofficial CM 13 ROM is in its development stage, but good news is that most of the important features are working perfectly.Looking at users experience, it seems like you can use it as your daily driver.Below we share some bugs list.
- SELinux is set to permissive
- FM radio is not working
- Some features like NFC are not properly tested
- A lot other bugs since CyanogenMod is in progress of added their changes and features
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy A5 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Only for Galaxy A5 .So Don’t try on other Phones
- Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files
→If you are interested to test this unofficial CM 13 ROM on Samsung Galaxy A5 then just follow the guide on How to Download & Install CM 13 ROM On Galaxy A5 Android Marshmallow given below.
Safely Install CM 13 On Galaxy A5 —->>>>
How to Install CM 13 ROM On Galaxy A5 Android Marshmallow
Step By Step Guide
- First Download the CM 13 ROM and Gapps file from above links
- Then Connect your Galaxy A5 to PC and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to it. Disconnect the device then. Remember the location of the files on device.
- After that, Boot your Galaxy A5 into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store. To manually boot into recovery mode, do this:
- Power off the device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button together until you see anything on the screen. Then let go of the buttons.You will enter recovery mode soon, and should see TWRP recovery. If you see an Android with an exclamation mark, then you need to install TWRP recovery for this (linked above).
- Once you are in TWRP, Follow this step by step guide to Install CM 13 On Samsung A5 Android Marshmallow–>>How to Install CM13 Or AOSP Marshmallow ROMs Via TWRP Recovery On Any Android Phone
- Done!!!Now you Samsung Galaxy A5 has CM 13 On it.