In this guide, you will learn How to Safely Download & Install CM13 On Samsung Galaxy Alpha Marshmallow 6.0 (Unofficial ).Yeah you heard it right now there is an unofficial CyanogenMod 13 available for Samsung Galaxy Alpha that means you can flash the ROM via recovery to test Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Alpha.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha is amid-range Android device, released their budget android phone.It comes with android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box.It is powered by an octa-core (quad 1.8GHz + quad 1.3GHz) processor and has a 4.7 inch screen. The Galaxy Alpha has an 1860mAh battery, 2GB of RAM, and Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and 16M color support.Remember there are many variants of the device in the market.Supported devices will be listed out.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Alpha model no. S850W /S801 & model no. S805S/K/L.The CyanogenMod 13 ROMs are different for these two model developed and posted by different developers.
As I mentioned before, this is an unofficial CyanogenMod ROM.It is developed by kyasu, Senior Member from Xda (For Model no. S850W) and by SerenityS, Xda Member (For S850S/K/L).These ROMs are based on CM13 Source code and Android marshmallow 6.0.This is in alpha stage that means there will be few bugs present.But in future updates, they will fix all the bugs.Check out the XDA thread for full details on this ROM For Galaxy Alpha S850S/K/L (Bug list)
You can use the CM13 ROM On S850W as a daily driver as there is no major bug present but don’t use the CM13 On S850S/K/L but if you want to experience Marshmallow Android 6.0 On your Galaxy Alpha then you should try this ROM but take a proper nandroid backup
→This is only for Galaxy Alpha so don’t try this on other models. (model numbers are listed above)
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Alpha while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.For Help >How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Flash Unofficial CM13 On Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Galaxy Alpha For model no. S850W→ Download Link
For model no. S805S/K/L→ Download Link
Download & Flash / Install CM13 On Samsung Galaxy Alpha Marshmallow 6.0
How To Install Guide
*First Read the Pre-Requirement Section carefully.
- Download Both Un-Official CM13 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Now Connect your device with Your Pc via USB cable provided
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Galaxy Alpha
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM13 On Samsung Galaxy Alpha (Gapps too) –>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
Development Page For Galaxy Alpha no.S850W
Development Page For Galaxy Alpha no. S805S/K/L